Pantone’s most recent trend report has a stand-alone winner in the eyes of clients with local taste guaranteeing a makeup trend of peachy keen looks. Writes Ashleigh Sharman.
“Peach tones are evocative of spring, summer and feminine power,” says Sylvie Hutchings, CEO and Founder of SCOUT Cosmetics.
“Most complexions can wear this colour with confidence and to me it says fresh, sexy and healthy. It really is the epitome of our Aussie lifestyle.”
One of six colours heralded by Pantone last spring, Peach Echo has proved a trend worth keeping in 2016 mainly due the shade’s versatility — something makeup artist, Sabrina Melei says is important when determining the success of a new makeup trend.
“The beauty of peach is that it’s a neutral shade.
“Peach tones are popular from summer through autumn and can be worn in matt or shimmer with gold pigments to create a youthful yet natural vibrant look.
“Peach is also perfect for the client that loves brown palettes and wants to bring in a pop of colour to her makeup routine but yet keep it neutral,” says Sabrina, adding that the shade is complimentary for a range of skin tones with its versatility of use extending to blusher, eye shadow, lipsticks, lip glosses and nail polish.
“Therapists should paint their nails in peach and add some peach makeup to their daily look to promote the trend. Remember your client looks to you for advice and industry knowledge.
“Keeping clients up to date with the latest colour trends on social media posts is also a must!” she adds.
Christina Diamond, INIKA Senior Brand Manager, agrees, highlighting also the need to demonstrate.
“Peach colours compliment all skin tones providing a subtle sophisticated look that is effortless to achieve; and even though peach tones are neutral tones they can be paired with any colour easily.
“Demonstrating the product however is key as clients need to know how to replicate the look once they leave your business,” adds Christina who recommends demonstrating the trend at the end of a facial in quick and easy steps with focus on the warm, natural glow the colour provides to all complexions.
Sabrina Melei’s Tips for a Peach Perfect Client
- Cheeks (bronzed skin): Peach blush creates the perfect summer glow. Apply on the apples of the cheeks over bronzed skin to highlight the cheekbones. To compliment this look a gold highlighter can be applied on the temples.
- Cheeks (light skin): Pale skin looks great in browns but even better in peach, creating a natural bronzed look with a touch of colour. A matt peach blush can be applied from the temple to the apples of the cheeks for the perfect peach bronzed look.
- Eyes: Peach tones on the eyes are best suited to blue and green eyes in shimmer. By adding a peach shimmer glow over the eyelids it makes the eyes appear bigger and brighter with a summer glow. For brown eyed girls matt peach on the eye lids with plum in the crease is a must to try!
- Lips: Peach on lips is a great way of adding colour to the classic nude look – making lips stand out as it has a soft yet natural tone that is more subtle then pink. For a dream team combination try peach lips with dark chocolate smoky eyes.
- Nails: Neutral tones create the illusion of longer finger nails, so peach polish is the perfect way to add some colour to nails and keep fingers looking longer. A beautiful combination is peach and gold.