Announcing new season trends at their anticipated annual congress, Aveda serves up playful punk and kaleidoscope colour for 2016.
A New Year of excitement and optimism is on the cards with vivid hues revealing the spirited side of Aveda colour across both its hair and makeup offerings: representing the spirit of the Aveda tribe and the spirit within each of us.
Drawing inspiration from the colourful geometric shapes in a kaleidoscope, Janell Geason, Aveda Global Artistic Director, Makeup, applied random blocks of bold colour under the eyes for a tribal-meets-punk vibe.
“I wanted to be playful and push the colour until it was almost too much,” said Geason of the look.
How To: Aveda Makeup Trend Look 2016
- Prep skin with Aveda skincare. Apply Botanical Kinetics Energizing Eye Creme along the orbital bones to enliven the eyes.
- Prep the lids with a matching shade of Aveda Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisture Broad Spectrum with SPF 15.
- Apply a wash of Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Amethyst Dawn over the lids from lash line to crease.
- Using Petal Essence Eye Definer in Sea Fern, create playful geometric blocks of color under each eye. Layer Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Blue Lapis over the eye definer to deepen and set the color.
- Apply two coats of Mosscara in Black Forest to the top and bottom lashes.
- Add a touch of Petal Essence Face Accents in Rose Blossom to the apples of the cheeks.
- On lips, apply Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Color in Sandstone.