1. Jane Iredale is a real person. The mineral makeup pioneer worked with world-renowned plastic surgeons and dermatologists in the development of the line because she believed makeup should be as good for the skin as it is aesthetically pleasing. ‘When I started the company I had one product, Amazing Base, and with it launched the whole new category of mineral makeup,’ she says. ‘We are celebrating this milestone with new innovations and will continue to deliver personal, uplifting beauty that is as good for the skin as it is beautiful to wear.’
2. The Jane Iredale company headquarters is based in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, which was voted Number 1 small town in the US by Smithsonian Magazine in 2012.
3. For 20 years, the mineral makeup pioneer has been creating quality products that adhere to the highest standard of integrity.
4. Motivated and committed, her inspiration came from her first career as a casting director and producer. Jane worked with actresses and models that depended on healthy skin for successful careers, among them Lauren Hutton, Jaclyn Smith, Susan Sarandon, Glenn Close and Sarah Jessica Parker. She worked with Francis Ford Coppola on The Outsiders and Steven Spielberg on The Color Purple.
5. In 2014, the Jane Iredale offices will nearly double in size with the opening of a new global headquarters that is Gold LEED-certified by the US Green Building Council, complete with rain gardens.
6. Jane is committed to making products environmentally friendly. The hydration sprays are now certified natural and organic by the European group Ecocert.
7. The brand use pharmaceutical grade and certified organic (where available) botanicals and antioxidants to ensure the highest quality of ingredients for each product.
8. Packaging is BPA- and phthalate-free and the outer packaging is made from fully recyclable paper from a renewable source. The ink used for printing is natural tree rosin resin and vegetable oils – reducing overall environmental impact.
9. Jane’s mother Tess assembles the Magic Mitts by hand – she’s 100!
10. Small things really can change lives: a foundation, a brush and a spray. They seem simple and yet they make women feel beautiful, cover up things we don’t want seen, protect skin from the sun and give confidence to face the world.
11. Plastic surgeons were the first to recognise the benefits of mineral foundations and were confident enough to use them on skin that had just undergone laser resurfacing.
12. Jane Iredale ingredients and products have the Leaping Bunny logo on all packaging to show the company’s commitment to no animal testing.
13. By eliminating nasty ingredients, Jane has made the range so safe that it can be applied anywhere on the face.
14. The brand offers a wide range of vegan-friendly makeup products and a website that makes it easy to chose vegan, with information included on each product page.
15. With colours ranging from flattering neutrals to daring brights and finishes from candlelit shimmer to dewy, glossy, creamy and matte, Jane Iredale has something for every complexion, cheek, lip and eye.
16. In Australia, Jane Iredale is distributed by Margifox Distributors, based in Noosa, Queensland, and owned and managed by another female business pioneer, Margi Fox.
17. Golden Glow PurePressed Powder, Glow Time BB Cream #7 and D2O Hydration Spray were the top-selling Jane Iredale products in Australia for 2013 and continue to lead the way in 2014.
18. 2013 marked the 10th anniversary of Margifox Distributors and Jane Iredale’s partnership in Australia.
19. Many Jane Iredale products are multi-purpose: Sugar&Butter Lip Exfoliator/Plumper both exfoliates and nourishes lips; mascara can be used as eyeliner; and InTouch Cream Blush collection can be used on the cheeks, the lips and even eyelids.
20. Jane Iredale products are distributed in 43 countries … and counting!