Join the anti-ageing medicine boom – the 9th Annual A5M conference is just over a week away. Don’t miss out!
Every year, the Australasian Society of Anti-Ageing Medicine offers medical, aesthetics and wellness practitioners across the spectrum the chance to learn how your patients/clients can bridge the gap between internal medicine and aesthetics for better outcomes, physically and emotionally.
It is being held this year at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins St, Melbourne on July 31 (pre-conference workshops) and August 1-2 (conference).
This year themed Research, Treatment and Prevention: Evidence-Based Medicine, the program will cover:
- Integrative treatment protocols for common skin conditions
- The business opportunities in offering holistic treatment solutions
- How to increase treatment plan adherence in aesthetic patients
- Ways to enhance the results of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic treatments
- How to assess the skin with visual and tactile techniques
- Incorporating nutraceuticals and dietary supplements in pre- and post- treatment plans
An important pre-conference workshop is The Skin Triad – An Integrative Approach to Skin Health, featuring keynote speakers:
Gina Thompson (US) is a medical aesthetician and paramedical practitioner with more than 20 years of experience in the aesthetic industry. She has played an integral part in developing skincare and aesthetic programs for prominent plastic surgery centres in the US and provides consulting services for medical facilities across the country.
Dr Andrew Heyman (US): ‘As Program Director of Integrative Medicine at George Washington University, my primary focus has always been to help my patients become healthy. When they do get better, it is not uncommon for them to ask me what they can do to improve their appearance as well. The connection between health and beauty became more and more difficult to ignore. As their trusted physician, my opinion holds a tremendous amount of value. I now provide a combination of wellness therapies, skin care products and innovative aesthetic treatments, like Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), to create a more fully comprehensive anti-aging experience for my patients. They are healthy and happy and the financial success of my practice continues to grow.’
A medical practitioner and internationally recognised expert in natural therapies, Dr Heyman has been involved in the field of anti-ageing and integrative medicine for over two decades and has extensive experience in nutrition, vitamins, herbology, Chinese medicine and manual therapies.
Daryll Knowles (Australia) was a retail pharmacist/owner for 25 years, owning 7 pharmacies. He is now the Director/owner of Australian Custom Pharmaceuticals (the largest compounding pharmacy in Australasia) and the Scientific Director of Australian Life Sciences. He sits on the boards of Australasian Academy of Anti-Ageing Medicine (A5M), Allmedic Pty Ltd.
His current industry affiliations include: Member Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (MPS), Associate Fellow Australian College of Pharmacy (A.F.A.C.P.), Life Fellow Pharmacy Practice Foundation (FPPF), member of the Australian Society of Cosmetic Chemists (ASCC) and Fellow American Academy of Anti-Ageing Medicine (F.A.A.R.M.).
The day-long workshop will look at the aesthetics evolution and what impact past and current trends in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine have on wellness and appearance medicine today.
It will provide perspectives on an integrative approach to aesthetic medicine, combining nutrition and dietary supplements, pharmaceutical agents and skin care for optimal skin health and overall wellness for your patients/clients.
Other topics include bridging the gap between internal and aesthetic medicine, connecting health to skin and skin to health, pre and post procedural care and support, how to achieve better cosmetic outcomes and patient care, what’s new and what does the future hold, innovations and future directions in cosmeceuticals and topical applications.
The workshop will wrap with a session on aesthetic business and marketing strategies, identifying aesthetic opportunities with existing patients/clients and addressing their needs, business and marketing strategies for financial success, followed by a panel discussion Q&A.
For the fill conference program, to register and find out what your registration includes (such as social events and free yoga) visit www.a5m.net
* A5M is dedicated to advancing longevity science, healthy ageing medicine, and associated technologies that detect, prevent, and treat ageing-related disease. As the leading academic body of preventative, anti-ageing and integrative medicine in Australasia, A5M offers professional education and career development for medical practitioners, allied health professionals, scientists and complimentary health practitioners. Statistics show the wellness industry – encompassing cosmetics treatments, mind and body exercises, nutritional information, alternative medicines and weight loss programs – is on an unprecedented upwards trajectory.