Long limbed and honey skinned, the quintessential Scandinavian physique is enviable to say the least!
Here we tease Norwegian physician Berit Nordstrand’s new book, The Scandinavian Belly Fat Program (to be published September 1 by Murdoch Books) with her delicious recipe for raw chocolate mousse.
The best-selling author and mother of six gives us a practical guide to bolster wellbeing while reducing your waistline. It’s a comprehensive 12 week program packed with recipes and tips.
Her approach is all about falling in love with life, and nutritious food. Packed with important minerals like zinc and magnesium, your immune system will love this mousse as much as you!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 dates
- 12 (or so) cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (raw is great if you’ve got it))
- 4 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey
- Put the cashews in the blender and pulse until almost a paste.
- Add the other ingredients and mix until smooth.
Chop a few pistachios or other nuts and sprinkle on top before serving. Fresh raspberries or other seasonal berries are a lovely accompaniment to the taste of chocolate; so are mint sprigs.