Dermalogica Overnight Retinol Repair
Dermalogica introduces the latest addition to its AGE Smart range, Overnight Retinol Repair: formulated to accelerate skin renewal, reverses the signs of photo-aging, improves skin tone, and increases skin firmness.
Key to the formula is 0.5 percent retinol, vitamin A, which has been demonstrated to reverse both the signs of intrinsic ageing (genetics) as well as extrinsic ageing (environmental).
Studies have shown that retinol significantly restores the structural integrity of the skin, accelerating cell turnover and renewal, stimulating collagen production, improving epidermal thickness, and increasing elastin biosynthesis.
The retinol molecule on its own, however, is chemically unstable, degrading with exposure to sunlight and air, so Dermalogica utilises microencapsulation technology to retain stability, maintaining concentration levels.
The microencapsulation technology used in Overnight Retinol Repair also allows for a controlled-release delivery system which enables the active retinol to penetrate deeply into the skin for optimum results.
Overnight Retinol Repair draws on several additional active ingredients:
- Peptides: Peptide Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 (PT-5) to boost collagen formation, treat wrinkles, and firm skin. A unique tripeptide to stimulate hyaluronic acid and collagen synthesis, for smoother skin and reduction of wrinkle-depth.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized Vitamin C) to support collagen synthesis and offer antioxidant protection in combating free radicals.
- A unique bioenergized Copper (Cu++) Amino Acid Complex, clinically proven to help reduce visible wrinkles and increase collagen and elastin production.
- Ceramides and polysaccharides to help restore the skin’s barrier properties and increase moisture within the skin to soften lines.
- Natural botanicals Lavender and Licorice Root to help calm and soothe irritated skin.
To minimise ‘retinoid reaction’, Dermalogica recommends pre-conditioning the skin, starting with small concentrations of retinol application so skin can build up natural retinoid receptors and a tolerance to the ingredient over time.
Taking this recommendation one step further, Dermalogica includes a new Buffer Cream with Overnight Retinol Repair, allowing users to control the concentration of retinol being applied to skin, and further helping them adjust to the active ingredient.