Delicious and guilt-free, this Golden Door Avocado and Cacao Tart is be a guaranteed hit with clients and staff alike (if you can bare to share!)
2/3 cup raw almonds
8 fresh medjool dates, pitted
Finley grated zest and juice of 1/2 mandarin
3 tablespoons cacao powder
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
3-4 drops natural vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maca powder
250 g fresh berries such as raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
- Line a 25 cm spring-form cake tin with cling wrap.
- To make the base, grind the almonds and dates together in a food processor until well combined, almost to a paste.
- Add mandarin zest and juice and process until it forms a soft dough.
- Place mixture into lined tin and press to cover base.
- To make the filling, place all filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until silky smooth. Spoon on top of the base and smooth out.
- Freeze for 2 hours, then serve with fresh berries.
Recipe by Golden Door