Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque
Dermalogica’s new Charcoal Rescue Masque detoxifies, brightens, and invigorates all skin conditions by working to draw out excess oil and impurities, refine pores, calm redness, and improve skin texture.
Activated Binchotan (aka Japanese Ubame Oak) Charcoal is a key ingredient used to draw out excess sebum, toxins, and other impurities. Binchotan White Charcoal comes from Japanese Ubame Oak, and has been used for purifying water, deodorising air, and whitening teeth. Binchotan Charcoal is activated by heating Japanese Ubame Oak branches at extremely high temperatures (1,000° C) then rapidly cooling them down.
This erodes the Charcoal’s internal surfaces, increasing its adsorption capacity by creating an internal network of micropores. The resulting material can adsorb more than 1,000 times its weight in positively-charged compounds.
Additional ingredients include:
- Sulfur promotes cellular turnover for dramatically brighter skin; renowned for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties when treating acne, sulfur is also ideal for calming rosacea, eczema, and sebaceous dermatitis.
- Volcanic ash, hot spring, marine silt (mud), and Bamboo stem extract are physical exfoliants that leave skin smooth and revitalised.
- Phytic acid, lactic acid, and mandelic acid are chemical exfoliants that accelerate cellular turnover, increasing collagen production and brightening skin.
- Niacinamide reduces redness and inflammation.
- Chilean Wild Mint clarifies skin and helps refine pores.
Cleanse skin, then apply generously to face and throat, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 7-10 minutes, then lightly massage with wet hands, enhancing exfoliation during removal. Rinse thoroughly, and follow with prescribed Dermalogica regimen. Skin is instantly left noticeably brighter and smoother after just one use. Apply up to four times per week whenever skin needs rescuing.