Try Golden Door’s popular Date and Lime Ball recipe that’s easy to whip up and delicious too!
1 cup of medjool dates
½ cup almonds (any type is fine, skin on or off, blanched or not)
2 limes zest and juice
6 tbls coconut shredded
1tsp maca powder (optional)
2 tbls ground linseed or shredded coconut (for coating)
- Place the almonds in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients, (except linseeds) and process until combined and paste-like.
- Roll mixture into golf ball size balls and coat in the ground linseed.
- It is preferably to chill the balls for 30 minutes, although they can be eaten immediately.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days or in the freezer. These freeze well.
Recipe by Golden Door