This world-first patented device is also said to improve sleep.
Created to help balance and maintain the health of the autonomic nervous system, NuCalm is an innovative drug-free solution with the potential to biohack the mind.
Since its launch, NuCalm has gathered an impressive celebrity following with international motivator Tony Robbins, actors Sam Rockwell, Robert Patterson and Uma Thurman all said to swear by the treatment.
Designed by Dr. G Holloway, the device works by helping to reset the negative feedback loop of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis by working to get the GABA system into alignment.
So, what are the benefits of NuCalm?
NuCalm helps to allow individuals to more quickly recover from a state of stress or anxiety by reducing the release of cortisol. This has a slew of flow on positive effects including:
- Neutralising stress
- Resetting the central nervous system
- Improving mental fitness
- Promoting better sleep
- Elevating physical and mental performance
How do you use NuCalm?
In Australia, NuCalm has been rolled out at Recovery Labs across Australia and can be used alone or as part of a combination treatment protocol. Sessions last 30 minutes and involve three steps:
- Headphones are worn which play two different frequencies softly into each ear.
- A bio-processing disc applied to an acupressure point on the left wrist. This lightly pulses to help activate parasymthatehic nerve fibres and slow down cellular action.
- An eye mask is worn to block out light.
With increasingly more people interested in improving their sleep and finding ways to relax, we can see this treatment becoming very popular very soon.
Read SPA+CLINIC’s latest issue here:
There are 5 ways you can catch up with SPA+CLINIC
- Our quarterly print magazine, delivered to your door. Subscribe here.
- Our website, which is updated daily with its own completely unique content and breaking news.
- Our weekly newsletter – free to your inbox! Subscribe here.
- Our digital magazine – click here to view previous issues.
- Our social media – see daily updates on our Instagram, Facebook & Linkedin