5 Tips To Grow Business This Festive Season
Winter is finally over. That means Spring Racing Carnival and the festive season just around the corner, likely your busiest time of the year.
Here are some of our top tips on how to prepare your business for the upcoming boom time:
1. Pre- and Post-Treatment Tips
Make it easy for your customers to book, reschedule or cancel a treatment. Ensure that you’ve proper processes and systems for booking.
If your treatment is on the costly side, consider offering payment plans to your customers – for instance, five payments of $499 definitely seem less scary than an upfront payment of $2,299!
SPA+CLINIC recommendation: Health Beauty Payment Plans
Follow up with a thank you after a treatment – include a loyalty special discounts (such as 10% off future visits) or referral specials along with that email. You’d be surprised how a little step like this can help with growing your customers base!
2. Work Your Website
According to our friends at Spa Fresh, an online marketing agency for salons, spas and clinics, these are the things to look out for to perform your best online:
- Responsive website design and mobile friendly
- SEO optimised
- Monthly maintenance and back-up
- Consistent branding
3. Marketing and Promotions
What is your overall marketing strategy and marketing plan?
A marketing strategy sets the overall direction and goals for your marketing whilst a marketing plan outlines the specific actions you will take to implement your marketing strategy. Both are equally as important for your business.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when you’re putting together a marketing plan for your business this festive season:
- What are your business objectives and marketing goals?
- Who is your target audience?
- Where do your target audience hang out and consume information? (What are your main channels to focus on?)
- How are you getting in front of these audience and get them interested in your services/products (brand awareness)?
- What kind of marketing tactics will you use to achieve those goals and objectives (advertisement, Facebook, social media marketing, influencer marketing, or all them)?
- Why should the customers pick your service/product over your competitor (this is where your Unique Selling Proposition comes into play)?
- How much is your marketing budget?
4. Branding and Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
With every spa, clinic or salon calling our spring racing special, summer or christmas special, you need to clearly define your point of difference in order to stand out. Whether it is your overall customer experience, your expertise or the range of treatments that you offer – make sure your branding is on point and call out your competitive advantage(s) in all your marketing and promotional materials.
5. Take It Up That Extra Notch
With the technologies and treatments all so readily available, a great and unforgettable customer experience goes a long way.
While we are not suggesting serving up caviar and Dom Perignon, a cup of herbal tea pre- and post-treatment plus a healthy snack (such as bliss balls, nuts, a piece of fruit etc) will take your service from good to great.
Have a little natural makeup corner which allows your customer to do a quick touch-up post treatment (or give them a complimentary one – if they like what they say they may well buy the products).
Light some scented candles or use an essential oil spray or diffuser to create that relaxing and “zen” environment.
Remember, how you make the customer feels when he/she is in your salon/spa or clinic is what determines whether he/she will be a returning customer.
Now that we’ve shared our top tips on how to grow your business this festive season – it’s up to you to take some action and make 2017 your best year in business!