What it’s like to work in a spa or clinic during December, as told through our favourite gifs.
‘Tis the season of joy, mistletoe and Christmas traditions — but also one packed with chaos and fuelled by (a little too much) caffeine. For those working in the aesthetic industry, it’s one of the most hectic periods of the year as you attempt to squeeze in all your regulars for last-minute treatments before the holidays begin.
For those in need of an extra push to get you through the final days, or just looking for some comedic relief, we’ve rounded up 11 gifs that sum up the glorious madness of the season.
1. Getting ready for the day and realising there’s only a week left before holidays begin
And dancing around to Mariah Carey, of course!
2. Hyping up the team as you prepare for the last minute rush
Let’s do this.
3. But first… coffee
How much coffee is too much coffee? (Hint: the limit does not exist.)
4. When your favourite client comes in for their final treatment of the year and leaves absolutely glowing
You glow, girl!
5. And then they ask what your plans are for the holidays and start of the New Year…
Because the past two years have felt like an eternity.
6. Decompressing with your co-workers in the break room over lunch
But seriously, don’t forget to take some time for yourself and encourage your team to do the same.
7. When your 2pm appointment calls and says they’re running late but you have back-to-back appointments until 7pm
And there goes any hope of finishing a little early…
8. When the boss asks how you’re feeling after working the long shift
You’re doing great sweetie!
9. And then you see your work wife leaving and realise you won’t see them until next year
Goodbyes are always hard. But let’s be honest, you’ll be sending each other updates all break long.
10. When a client tells you how confident they feel after regular treatments with you
There’s nothing better than hearing positive feedback from a happy, confident client — and seeing them literally glowing!
11. Realising it’s the last day of trade and your team has gone above and beyond during all the madness
You made it! Time to open that bottle of wine and indulge in a few chocolates — you deserve it.
There are 5 ways you can catch up with SPA+CLINIC?
- Our quarterly print magazine, delivered to your door. Subscribe here.
- Our website, which is updated daily with its own completely unique content and breaking news.
- Our weekly newsletter – free to your inbox! Subscribe here.
- Our digital magazine – click here to view previous issues.
- Our social media – see daily updates on our Instagram, Facebook & Linkedin